Monday, July 11, 2011

[News] MBLAQ’s G.O expresses his desire to sing Yoo Young Jin’s “Ji Ae” on Immortal Song 2


In an interview, MBLAQ’s G.O. expressed his desire to sing the old song “Ji Ae,” written by Yoo Young Jin and released in 2001, when he appeared on the KBS singing competition show Immortal Song 2.

He said, “I think that the song is like a hidden treasure. If given a chance, I’ll try to sing the song on the stage.” When asked whether it’s hard to conduct new album-related activities and attend the competition together, he said, “It’s never a heavy burden on me. It’s actually not an easy challenge, but I also believe that there couldn’t be a better chance for me to meet fans this much close”

G.O also expressed his satisfaction in being involved in the competition: “I sometimes feel uncomfortable to think of the singing legends’ responses when they listened to their songs represented and sung by me, but I know the tension acts as a powerful stimulus for me. Thanks to the show, I seem to become a new singer equipped with a rapid reaction to changing situations and a high-level of confidence and experiences.”

On July 12, MBLAQ released its second mini-album, entitled the Mona Lisa, via major music-download sites.

By Pyo Jae-min (jmpyo@tvreport.co.kr)

Source: TVreport (Original article in Korean)
Photo from TVreport
Translated by Geum Jae / Korea.com

No comments:

Post a Comment